Value and Ethos
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a thriving community of enthusiastic children, dedicated and passionate staff and a committed and supportive Governing body. Each day we strive to explicitly live out our school’s Catholic ethos and mission, and in partnership with parents, we aim to provide the best possible education for all our children. Everyone is invested in ensuring that our school provides the experience of a living, growing Christian environment for all members of our community, with Christ firmly at the centre of everything we do. We aim to provide your children with the skills necessary for life, guided by Christian values enabling all to grow in faith together.
St. Joseph’s is a friendly and welcoming school, and we provide a happy and safe environment where all children are supported and encouraged to be the best they can be. Every child is unique, and their talents are nurtured and developed through a highly engaging curriculum. Extra-curricular opportunities and learning beyond the classroom enable our children to become confident, independent learners who enjoy taking on responsibility. We have high expectations in terms of behaviour and academic achievement and foster a belief in all children that they can succeed.
I am incredibly proud to be the Headteacher at St. Joseph’s and thoroughly enjoy working with the children, parents, staff and governors. Thank you for being so interested, and I hope you find our website informative and provide you with a flavour of what St. Joseph’s has to offer. If you would like to visit the school, I would be delighted to show you around and look forward to welcoming you.
Our school’s core values are to ‘Love and Learn in the footsteps of Christ, which underpin all that we do and with every decision we make, the children come first.
We want all children:
1. To be Disciples of Christ.
- As a Catholic School, we actively promote values, virtues and ethics that shape our pupils’ character and moral perspective through the teachings of the Church. We are confident that our continued focus on the Gospel Values will give our pupils the necessary awareness of what it means to be a good citizen in Britain today and embed the building blocks for a future successful and productive life. We do this by following three simple steps, which are to 1) Love God, 2) Love one another (by being kind) 3) Help those in need
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, we believe in celebrating the increasingly diverse cultural backgrounds of our community whilst also promoting and holding true to what we recognise to be British values, democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths are taught explicitly through assemblies, PSHE, Citizenship and RE curriculum.
2. To be ready to learn.
We do this by developing the pupils’ characteristics of learning.
A Articulate & Aspire
3. To be secondary school ready.
To ensure a high-quality education for all of our pupils so that they leave St Joseph’s with the skills and knowledge they need for their future. The school aims to ensure that all children exit the school with the appropriate life skills required to access the Secondary School Curriculum. The school strives to provide the children with a strong academic foundation, which will help them achieve well and access the Secondary School Curriculum. Thus, ensuring all pupils have the necessary skills to attend Further Education.
We aim to:
- develop and sustain the love and practice of our Catholic faith;
- promote high achievement and learning for all through an enriched, enjoyable curriculum;
- develop lifelong learning;
- enable children to acquire the basic knowledge and skills they will need to achieve in the future;
- help children acquire a set of moral values and an awareness of the importance of being honest and being sensitive to those around them so that they show care, courtesy and consideration for others, treating them as they would wish to be treated themselves;
- develop the ability to demonstrate the presence of Christ in the community;
- develop confidence;
- develop pupils’ talents;
- promote healthy lifestyles and sports participation;
- promote caring for the future world;
- encourage happiness and friendship.
We hope your children enjoy their time learning here with us at St Joseph’s.