Value and Ethos
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a thriving community of enthusiastic children, dedicated and passionate staff and a committed and supportive Governing body. Each day we strive to explicitly live out the Catholic ethos and mission of our school and in partnership with parents we aim to provide the best possible education for all our children. Everyone is invested in ensuring that our school provides the experience of a living, growing Christian environment for all members of our community, with Christ firmly at the centre of everything we do. Our aim is to provide your children with the skills necessary for life, guided by Christian values enabling all to grow in faith together.
St. Joseph’s is a friendly and welcoming school, and we provide a happy and safe environment where all children are supported and encouraged to be the best that they can be. Every child is unique and their individual talents are nurtured and developed through a highly engaging curriculum. Extra-curricular opportunities and learning beyond the classroom enables our children to become confident, independent learners who enjoy taking on responsibility. We have high expectations both in terms of behaviour and academic achievement and foster a belief in all children that they can succeed.
I am extremely proud to be the Head teacher at St. Joseph’s and thoroughly enjoy working with the children, parents, staff and governors. Thank you for your interest and I hope that you find our website informative and it provides you with a flavour of what St. Joseph’s has to offer. If you would like to visit the school, I would be delighted to show you around and look forward to welcoming you.
“Let it be known to all who enter here that Christ is the reason for this school the unseen but ever present teacher in its classes, the model for its children, the inspiration for its staff”
Love and learn in the footsteps of Christ!
We aim to:
- develop and sustain the love and practice of our Catholic faith;
- promote high achievement and learning for all through an enriched, enjoyable and fun curriculum;
- develop lifelong learning;
- enable children to acquire the basic knowledge and skills they will need to achieve in the future;
- help children acquire a set of moral values and an awareness of the importance of being honest and being sensitive to those around them, so that they show care, courtesy and consideration for others, treating them as they would wish to be treated themselves;
- develop the ability to demonstrate the presence of Christ in the community;
- develop confidence;
- develop pupils talents;
- promote healthy lifestyles and sports participation;
- promote caring for the future world;
- promote happiness and friendship.
We hope your children enjoy their time learning, here with us at St Joseph’s.