PE and Sports Premium
Sports Premium Report
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School’s Sport Funding Report
Sport funding is to be spent on improving the quality of sport and PE for all children in St Joseph’s Catholic School.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools, and will lead to clear outcomes in raising standards and opportunities in PE and school sport for all children throughout our school.
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary our sport funding is calculated at £8000 + £1050 (£5 x 210 pupils which equals to£9050 for 2016/2017.
Purpose of Funding
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary we believe that all children who attend our school should receive a well-balanced curriculum which stimulates and promotes their academic, sporting, creative, artistic and social development.
St Joseph’s Catholic School will spend the funding on improving the provision of PE and school sport.
What is St Joseph’s Catholic Primary doing to ensure effective PE and Sport in school?
- We employ a P.E. Apprentice to work alongside our teacher to train and develop their skills as teachers of Physical Education.
- Our school already offers a range of after school clubs, accessed by children from Key Stages one and two (please see After School club timetable on the website). Some are club have an additional cost.
- We buy into the services of a School Partnership and SSCO. The role of the SSCO is to oversee competitions, to train staff and to lead subject leader meetings.
- Our children enter sports competitions with other schools in the collaborative.
- We hold an annual Sports day for the whole school.
How the funding has been spent?
|Objective||Funding Received||How the funding has been spent?||Impact|
|Improve the quality of teaching and Learning in PE||£3,000||
||100% lessons judged as good or better.|
|Increase participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics||£18,000||
||100% of pupils participating in extra –curricular activities including lunchtimes100% of disadvantaged pupils participating in extra –curricular activities including lunchtimes100% class have taken part in Intra and Inter- competitions|
|Raise achievement, skills in PE participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics||£6,150||
||100% children are making good or better progress in PE|
The school has received £27,150 in total.
Sports Premium Sustainability:
At St Joseph’s we aim to ensure improvements in PE provision and increased participation rates are sustainable by:
- Employing a PE specialist teacher
- Upskilling staff through CPD
- Purchasing high quality resources
- Succession planning
- Purchasing a new P.E. planning, which will ensure that we have a consistent, progressive approach to planning and delivering P.E lessons across the school.