We offer freshly prepared school dinners for all children in key stages 1 and 2. St Joseph’s uses Herts Catering Ltd, and dinners for children are ordered in advance by parents.
If you would like your child to receive a school dinner:
- Please register on SchoolGrid app.schoolgrid.co.uk
- Please order termly to ensure your child’s lunch is arranged in advance.
- Please cancel the lunch option if your child is absent from school or if you have sent in a home packed lunch
- Please ensure your child brings a home packed lunch if you have not ordered a dinner before the cut off time 8.45 am
- Please make your payment through School Gateway “SchoolGrid Dinner Money”. Payments need to be paid in advance of a meal being taken
- Years F2 – Year 2 benefit from Universal Free School Meals (To register please visit http://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals )
- Years 3 – 6 Dinners cost £2.60 (subject to change)
Free School Meals
Your child can get a free school meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don’t get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
- Apply today if you receive any of these benefits. It takes 5 mins and in most cases we can tell you straightaway if your child can get free meals at school.
To apply please visit: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
If your child has a food allergy please advise HCL directly at: